Buckeye Herps Blog

A photographic journal of the reptiles and amphibians of Ohio, Michigan and other places interesting wildlife call home.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Game of Thrones

Despite today's recently improved weather, things have been rather cold and rainy around here, even for October. I haven't been out in the field for a few reasons, and laziness is among them.

I am a bit of a closet bookworm, and this often gets worse during the winter. One of my favorite authors, George RR Martin, has a wonderful series for anyone interested in science fiction or fantasy. It is very adult oriented, but the books are gripping reads. Don't just ask me, HBO is just starting the production of the pilot episode. It should be a wonderful addition to the likes of Sopranos, Rome and Deadwood if it gets picked up. The casting seems to be all done, and looks to be perfect.

So if you are also looking for a good book to pick up as the weather cools down, check out A Game of Thrones, the first in A Song of Ice and Fire. If you don't like to read much, make sure to check it out on HBO or DVD, hopefully...

1 comment:

  1. Winter Is Coming! Not only to Michigan, but to the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, and now to HBO. So Jason, I too am a big fan of SOIF books. Have read all four books two times now. For those new to the series, there are 2-3 more books planned. This is enthralling, adult drama, that just happens to be in the fantasy genre. Even though in my head I know it is fiction, the plot and characters have gotten under my skin, to the point where I have a deep affinity for some characters, a genuine hatred for others, and a still unrequited thirst for revenge. Definitely a book that will make Michigan winters go faster.

    ReplyDelete