Buckeye Herps Blog

A photographic journal of the reptiles and amphibians of Ohio, Michigan and other places interesting wildlife call home.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast!

 I want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving this year.  I will be working most of the day, but I have much to be thankful for.  I have a wonderful, loving wife, and the best two dogs a guy could ask for.  Life is good.

 I haven't been fortunate enough to witness herps eating all that often, but I did stumble across this scene last spring.  This eastern garter snake had much to be thankful for on this day, and probably didn't need to eat for a long while after.  I watched him stuff his face as long as I could before skipping out on the slow process.  When I returned later, he was deep in a food coma.


My first impression was a fisherman killed a snake for some reason
Than I realized how lucky I was.

I wasn't totally convinced he would get it down...


But there was a thankful snake when I checked back!

Happy Holidays everyone!

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment